Monday 4 April 2022

The Tump Clump Episode 12 - LIVE (again)!

Last month I put a call out to my network of musical contacts to see if I could get any demos / live / exclusive / archival / unheard gems... and well, the good people delivered anf I filled up Episode 11,

I was really blown away by the amount of submissions I receive, and so I have filled up episode 12 too.  And there may even be more next time - the 1st anniversary of my show - episode 13.  A year with SoundArt radio already, what a wonderful place.


I quite enjoy playing these longer tracks.  As I mention in the show, much less of me talking... which is probably a good thing for you listeners. 

//////////

1. A Beautiful Idea - I Drone Therefore I Am
From David "Vital Things Podcast" Barr, an exclusive longform oscillatory drone that gets quite noisy at the end.  Wonderful stuff.  Some of my own tracks have been played on Vital Things in the past, so it is nice to finally repay the favour.

2. Don Macarel's Noisy Party - Song For Radio
Can I say who sent me this? Ummm... maybe.  But I won't, because that is more fun.  Blistering hot vinyl samples through vintage mixer.  Screech!

3. Ivy Nostrum - When We Dead Awaken
I have played a track by London's Ivy Nostrum before, under the Wellness Regime tag alongside Kinver Pond.  This track is perfectly Tump Clump - dismal, rhythmic, noisy and unpredictable....  recorded just for the show.  Thank you! 

4. Ekoplekz - Drek 1
Last time I played Drek 4.  Nick Ekoplekz sent me 6 Drek tracks in total, which was very kind of him.  I have been a big fan over the past decade.  The Memowrekz double cassette release (which sadly I only have on digital, but it's a glorious dark industrial dirge).  Anyways... these Dreks are all quite quirky, one take experiments.  Maybe I'll play more in the future. Who knows.  

5. COLDSORE - Drossel
Coldsore lives in Finland.  He sent me 2 tracks that were in the demo stages, and I played the other one Drosseln last month.  This track is an extended drone with evolving elements and field recordings throughout.  Brilliance.  Both appear in a remastered / altered state in a new split release alongside There Are No Birds Here, so check that out.  

6. Sunfish Starfish - Live At Control Voltage 13
And to finish with, a 13 minute live recording from Sunfish Starfish, recording at the Control Voltage Event which is held at the Focal Point Gallery in Southend on Sea.  This is a collaborative project from Pettaluck (who had the opening track on the recent "Half Century All Heart" compilation from TQ Zine, released for Issue 50, amazing stuff!) and The Spermaceti Organ.  You can find their collaborative album here.


Thank you for the contributions! All excellent.  Still a few more to play, which will spill over into next months show...

//////

No comments:

Post a Comment