Thursday 8 December 2022

2022 thing what I did

I like putting together an end of year "achievements" list because otherwise I feel like I have not done much.  I guess it helps put it all into context that I do actually get some stuff sorted, which is nice.

So in 2022 I managed to:

  • Release "Intrusive Signals" zine issue 3 (still a handful of copies left at a bargain bin price if you want one) - see here.
  • Release a super limited split tape with Plague Arish for Supernormal Festival.
  • Dump out a trio of digital-only EPs (Gritonometry and Safehouse Demo(n)s as Soloman Tump, and стіна as Postman Lomu). 
  • Complete the folk-horror 3" CDr trilogy that started with Grim's Ditch and Weland, capping off with the Palimpsest EP
  • Start the Palimpsest live document of archival "live" recordings.  I didn't add as many to this as I had hoped, but I shall update it soon with some new bits.
  • Get a couple of articles published in the ever-impressive TQ Zine - cheers! Look out for my extended SPL/IT article in issue 57. 
  • also had an article included in the impressive tome-like Supernormal zine
  • Release a collaborative album alongside Distraxi on CD - DARTMOOR ELECTRONICS.  I am pretty proud of this one, its pretty brutal and I love the work Distraxi does.  
  • Put together 10 new radio shows of The Tump Clump.
  • Collaborate with Arachnopus on a live audio/visual piece for Wonder Valley Experimental festival in California for Phog Masheeen
  • Unleash a fairly banging guest radio mix for WCR Dark Train - a great show for Warminster Community Radio that always brings new music to my ears.  Check it out
  • Get to a few festivals and shows which felt damn good!
  • Get some tracks on various compilation releases including bits for Moon Musiq, Front & Follow, Owlripper Recordings, Camembert Electrique, godNOISEgod - more details of each of these elsewhere on the blog.
..
Busking with kit at Supernormal Festival 2022

So when I write it out like that, I guess I have achieved some things.  2023 might be quieter, I don't really have any plans for new zines (at present) but I hope to continue with releasing music and doing the radio show....

No comments:

Post a Comment