Monday 8 July 2024

Soloman Tump - Torpid State LP

I finished working on my debut full length album, and actually it wasn't too arduous, all things considered.




The album is called "Torpid State" and is a reflection of the long deep sleep of Winter and the promise of the warmth of Spring.  Its kinda almost got some positive stuff in it, but dont worry... its still mostly dismal.  

Partly inspired by the dungeon noise of Disgusting Cathedral I've introduced keys into the Soloman Tump sound for the first time... sitting around the usual dirge and simmer of crusty noises and stuff.

The main thing is that it was fun to produce and I tried not to dwell for too long on "tweaking" the tracks after they were recorded.  As usual, a lot of the tracks started as session recordings whilst others were created from separate layers over time.  Plenty of field recordings and foley sounds in here too, such is the way of things.

I plan to release the album just in time for Supernormal Festival 2024, where I hope to have a few copies for sale / trade (CDr) and also stick the digital up for sale then too via my bandcamp page.  There is a preview track on episode 35 of The Tump Clump, where you can hear the track "Nocturne".

Thanks for listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment