Sunday 8 September 2024

The Tump Clump # 36 - Supernormal Preview Special! 01/08/2024

 

So the day this show aired, I was already at Braziers Park enjoying the sights and sounds of the Supernormal Festival.  Not quite in full swing, but full of crew and volunteers getting into the spirit of what would be another fantastic edition of the quirky DIY festival.

But more of that in the next blog post.

First broadcast 01/08/2024 20:00 via SoundArt Radio FM Totnes and online.

  • 1. Rrose - Alloy (AL GHARIB Fundraiser compilation)
  • 2. Fish El Fish - Skin Shedding In The Pantry (Dog Wearing Dracula Fangs)
  • 3. Lacrima - Fig (Cachexia)
  • 4. Yol - An Offering (Burselm Accomplice vol 2)
  • 5. Genderisthebastard - XXVI
  • 6. Soloman Tump & Plague Arish - sprnml  [recorded at Supernormal 2018]
  • 7. Plague Arish - Day 1 in the cave par deux, I cant wait to be a chocolate bunny (s/r)
  • 8. Nkisi - What you Dont kn0w (BLK SPLLS 2)
  • 9. Monoxide Brothers - Three pounds forty with a clubcard
  • 10. Chlorine -Bubblewraps (Velvet Teeth)

This show was curated by listening to a bunch of names on the programme that I did not recognise (eg Nkisi and Monoxide Brothers) and then deciding that I liked that! But other artists I was familiar with (Rrose, GistheB and Yol) who I hoped I would catch at the festival having never seen them before.

For Supernormal because I volunteer and never know what my shifts are until I get to site, I tend to have an idea of what I want to see, generally miss about 80% of that, and end up seeing a whole bunch of different amazing stuff instead.

Spoiler alert: 2024 was no different!



No comments:

Post a Comment