Tuesday 15 February 2022

Wonder Valley Experimental 14

I discovered the festival called Wonder Valley Experimental which has been running for the past 14 years in California (Palms Restaurant, to be exact).

The organiser Phog Masheeen has kept it going through the pandemic in a virtual setting, and this year both the virtual and physical festivals are taking place.  Here's a little clippy video to get you excited!


I real shame I cannot get to the physical place - would love to perform somewhere like that! It looks a great venue.  My damp shed shall have to suffice for now.  Here is the poster for the physical in person (meat space) festival:


Here is the full virtual lineup:

I applied for a slot to the virtual festival and by golly I was accepted.  I have recorded a dull video using my recent "Palimpsest" setup (me stood in the corner of my shed twiddling things) and enlisted the talents of Arachnopus to edit some glory into the footage.  


You can check out one of her other videos here for Dollarstore Keyboard and she seems to be some sort of wizzo at doing this.  I supplied some raw footage of Dartmoor and the surrounding area - am exciting to see what she comes up with!


Oh and I pretty much finished Intrusive Signals issue 3, more on that next....


No comments:

Post a Comment