Monday 9 May 2022

V/A - Plastic Bag - A HNW Tribute to Vomir

This is a V/A compilation released 6th May 2022 by godNOISEgod of Kansas City, Missouri.


The physical release comprises of 14 tracks of Harsh Noise Wall filling a CD (at 5 mins each), paying homage to (and including a track by) the dark lord of HNW himself, Vomir.  

As a digital bonus you can grab an extra 24 tracks if you download from bandcamp - bringing the total playlist to over 3 hours.  If you look closely, you will find nestled within a track by the mysterious Postman Lomu entitled "No Politics" - named by the label - which is quite fitting really since my tolerance of politics has dropped right through the floor over the past decade.  My first ever HNW production - and once I got over the fear of producing such a beast - an ultimately enjoyable process.  Maybe there will be more in the future, who knows.  

Pretty cool to be included, so thanks to godNOISEgod for sticking my effort into the digital stew.  I've just downloaded the full thing and am about to dive in..... will I survive 3+ hours of stasis? Well, find out next time....

From the original mantra by Vomir - "No Dynamics" - well, maybe not quite in the Postman Lomu track.  There may be some slight variation that creeps in? I shall let you decide.  

In other Vomir news, I recommend checking out his recent interview with White Centipede Noise which is a really engaging, entertaining and thoughtful interview.  I have enjoyed all of the WCN videocast's that I have watched, Rusalka, Haare and Scream&Writhe being the ones that spring to mind.  A great project!

No comments:

Post a Comment