Friday 6 May 2022

WCR - Dark Train MA#8 - Soloman Tump's "Last Train At Reading Central" guest mix

I am excited to present the guest mix I prepared for Dark Train over at Warminster Community Radio - thanks to Kate for asking me to do this! It was great fun putting this vinyl only mix together, reminding me of the days when I used to spin wax on a weekly basis at a bar in the midlands. In true Tump style I also layered over some distorted field recordings (wind, random pocket recordings, that sort of thing) and some time stretched noise crust. Well, I couldn't make it too clean could I?

Initially I wanted to beat match a lot of this together, but I ended up picking a bunch of tracks from across a huge tempo range.  My decks are capable of +/- 50% pitch bend, so some of these are quite different to how the artist originally intended.... never mind. I decided not to obviously beat match as I am well out of practice.  Something I should really try and remedy. But either way, this was great fun to put together, and showcases my techno / electro / dancefloor love that I just cannot completely shake. It's all a bit weird end leftfield though!


Soloman Tump’s Last Train At Reading Central mix

Ben Pound vs James Holden - Kaern  (Easy Access 2002)

Grey Area - 002 #4 (GreyArea / Horo 2016)

Ekoplekz - A Caustic Romance (Planet Mu 2015)

Chris Carter - Not On The Heels Of Love (Mute / cc 2021)

Spiritflesh - Pimp Femme (No Corner 2018)

FilmMaker - Royal Dungeon (Opal Tapes 2020)

Aleksi Perala - UK74R1513080 (Clone Basement Dubs 2017)

Lyzza - Rifle (Houndstooth 2020)

Weird Weather - Paint [Black/Red/Green Mix] (Whip & Lash 2020)

Joy O & Ben Vince - Transition 2 (Hessle Audio 2018)

The End Of Steam - Nationalisation of Railways (BBC 1970s?)

Oliver Ho - The Serpent Devours Itself (Blueprint 2016)

Cloaks - R.F.I.D [Ancient Methods Remix] (3by3 2011)

Acid Tinged Orchestra - Fried Ice Cream (Warrior Records 1988)

Rhythmic Theory - Travelling Without Moving (Ancient Monarchy 2020)

Listen here and check out the rest of the tunes that Kate plays too!  A 2 hour show which is well worthy of your time each week, showcasing experimental and electronic vibes and a keen supporter of the underground.


No comments:

Post a Comment